Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/arthritis/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Hormones- Gynos & Rheumos
    kerenchaya posted:
    New to this community and a new diagnosis of RA has thrown my world for a loop. Thankfully caught early, so I am learning a new way of living.

Please have all your medical providers speak with each other! My hot flashes were getting in the way of my fever flare and I was miserable. I spoke with my gynecologist who spoke with my rheumatologist to devise a plan to lessen the hot flashes with a low dose hormones in conjunction with my RA meds.

For RA, I am taking Plaquenil (love) and occasionally prednisone (dislike, but necessary sometimes). Cortisone when needed.

For hormones, I am taking Prometrium every night and a Climara patch weekly (.05 mg estrogen). It has worked wonders in alleviating the darned hot flashes getting in the way of a flare fever and making me cranky as a screwball.

There is hope! Gather your team! Help your providers speak to each other to develop a plan that is right for you! Best of luck.

editor_morgan responded:
    Hi kerenchaya,

Thank you for sharing that with the community. I can't tell you the importance of sharing knowledge and information to others who may be experiencing the same thing as you are. So many people with RA feel alone, and the fact that you are managing your symptoms so well is a testament that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Much appreciated!

Helpful Tips

Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
    Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    41 of 48 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.