Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/arthritis/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]t

Back Pain - RA or otherwise?
    taylorjaymes0 posted:
    I have been having chronic level 4-6 lower back pain since October 2013. I am 32 years old. I have tried everything: chiropractor, acupuncture, active release therapy, message therapy, pain management, osteopathy, exercise, et cetera. In the past six months, I also have chronic mid-back and shoulder pain. I chalked it up to over compensation.

I was given an MRI that showed a 2mm bulge, but all of the doctors are telling me that it is insignificant because I have no neurological symptoms. Well, now I've been having issues with my hands. For at least a year (more chronic in the last six months), my hands hurt. Sometimes its just my wrist, sometimes its all of my joints and fingers. Well, just recently, in maybe the last two months, I've been having knee pain.

About four years ago, I was having weak and fatigue problems, so I had an ANA test done. I was at exactly 1:40. The doctor at the time told me it wasn't significant, and nothing ever came of it. Now, I have my Active Release Therapist telling me he thinks that the back pain might be arthritis.

Anybody have any similar stories or pointers? I'm going in for a test today. At this point, I just want answers. After almost two years of back pain with every doctor scratching their heads to what the cause it, I'd almost be relieved to finally get a diagnosis. At the same time, no therapy I've ever tried works. I'm really young. I don't really have much hope left. I guess I'm just looking for somebody to help me.
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Helpful Tips

prednisolone may be more effective than prednisone in some patientsExpert
    Rarely I will find a patient who is not getting the response I would expect with prednisone. In those patients, I will sometimes prescribe ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    36 of 40 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.