Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Includes Expert Content
    An_215671 posted:
    I was diag about 6 months ago w/RA I have been taking Etodolac 500 mg twice a day and lately my hands, arms, neck and feet have been getting very hard to move along w/tingling and crackling. What can I ddo?
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 6 found this helpful
    Scott Zashin, MD responded:
    While Nonsteroidal anti inflammatory drugs may help the symptoms of RA,they do not prevent you from developing joint damage which can decrease your ability to do many activities. In general, disease modifying drugs such as hydroxychlorquine, sulfasalazine, methotrexate,and leflunamide as well as the biologics not only help the symptoms of RA but may also slow down and prevent damage, deformity and disability.
    ppamie replied to Scott Zashin, MD's response:
    I also take 2000 mg of sulfasalazine. should i call the doctor and ask him to suggest another anti flamatory medication instead of Etodolac 500 twice a day. I am getting very depressed and unable to to do anything with being in pain or tired

    Helpful Tips

    Dry eyes and dry mouthExpert
    Patients with RA may develop dryness of the eyes and mouth due to a condition called secondary Sjogrens Syndrome. The dryness is due to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    41 of 48 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.