Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1.Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2.Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
    Roll Call
    Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
    Who is here and looking in? Let us know how you're doing in general.

1. How's the weather today in your part of the world?

2. When you look out your closest window, what do you see?

3. What will you be having for your next meal?

4. Where would you like to escape to for just a weekend, somewhere just for you? What would you do there?

5. What good thing is in your life today? Small or big, doesn't matter. There's something.

sarah__smiles responded:
    1. How's the weather today in your part of the world? cool

2. When you look out your closest window, what do you see? the alley

3. What will you be having for your next meal? I just had a yogurt

4. Where would you like to escape to for just a weekend, somewhere just for you? What would you do there? The Great Smokey Mountains........just chill and talk around a campfire. Cant go on hikes cause I'm in a wheelchair but I could still stroll around the campground

5. What good thing is in your life today? Small or big, doesn't matter. There's something. My cat, his silliness always makes me smile

Sarah

sweetbaybelove responded:
    1. How's the weather today in your part of the world? It was pretty cold

2. When you look out your closest window, what do you see? Darkness, but masked beneath the dark is my backyard.

3. What will you be having for your next meal? who knows, probably a handful of dry cereal before class.

4. Where would you like to escape to for just a weekend, somewhere just for you? What would you do there? The beach, I would visit the aquarium, and write a little bit. Get inspiration and just relax. Walk on the beach, feel the spray of the ocean. Maybe go whale watching.

5. What good thing is in your life today? Small or big, doesn't matter. There's something. A good thing in my life right now is, gee if you would have asked me two hours ago I would have been flowing with things. Depression sometimes makes me forget the good in my life. Sobe Life Water and my car are both amazing things in my life.

Jessica

lovelylemontree310 responded:
    I'm here, just not as often. Mom's visiting and she has a habit of looking over my shoulder as I type. And since I really don't want her to see all this, I've simply stayed away.

1. How's the weather today in your part of the world? Sunny and cool.

2. When you look out your closest window, what do you see? A pine tree, and beyond that, birches and a little stream from melting snow.

3. What will you be having for your next meal? My guess is Biriyani, my mom's national dish -- Indian food.

4. Where would you like to escape to for just a weekend, somewhere just for you? What would you do there? I need a spa or something. Very low, low stress.

5. What good thing is in your life today? Small or big, doesn't matter. There's something. I am taking my "crisis kit" to DBT today, which includes my favorite stuffed moose and my baby blanket.

ZeldaAlone responded:
    1) Entirely too beautiful for such a terrible day.

2) The rose bush with my Nerd Mobil in the background.

3) Hopefully ice cream (desert!!)

4) Canada. I'd snuggle with my honey.

5) Lorenzo.

hope7951 responded:
    1. Spring has come, robins wer on the lawn in the fog this morning before the sun broke out.

2. A choppy lake with geese swimming

3. Just had salad and cinnamon raison biscuts

4. Eygpt. Climb the largest pryamid.

5. Doctor had cancellation so got me in expressing firm confident concern.

off_the_wall replied to hope7951's response:
    Wow, is this post really from a year ago? Weird.

1. The weather is warm and sunny. There are thousands of people here for spring break. I got a sun burn today.

2. When you look out your closest window, what do you see? (Ginger plants and the house next door.)

3. What will you be having for your next meal? (I don't know, the thought of food makes me feel sick right now.)

4. Where would you like to escape to for just a weekend, somewhere just for you? What would you do there? (Not sure, I'm okay just being here right now.)

5. What good thing is in your life today? (I got outdoors and enjoyed people watching.)

washedaway responded:
    1. sunny and not even cloudy at the moment (but give it 5 minutes, good ol' Pacific Northwest)

2. if the blinds were up i would see a tree and some grass and a couple of houses and maybe a kid or 2 riding tricycles up and down the sidewalk

3. soup of some sort, i think i have an option of potato and split pea

4. I would like to go somewhere secluded with a couple of good friends and just be

5. good friend and his puppy (i use that term very very loosely...she's probably 80 lbs and comes up to mid thigh) came to visit over the weekend...love love love them

next?

Headline responded:
    I'm here, sorta. I'm having a very stressful time right now, struggling and avoiding as many triggers as I can... sorry to all that I haven't been as "around" as I should!

1. It's kinda chilly but that's to be expected for early spring.

2. There are no windows in the school computer lab...

3. Probably something I can microwave! I don't have the energy to make food tonight.

4. Brisbane. And all I would do, is be with Mark.

5. A small thing (Birdie) and a bigger thing (Mark). And even though all of my clients are going through crises all at once, I suppose there's a silver lining in there too - they trust me enough to tell me what's going on in their lives and at their jobs, which means I guess I'm doing something right.

thatguythur responded:
    1) hott, and only gettting hotter

2) a tree

3) not the slightest im not all that hungry though

4) anywhere where i could be alone, and think

5) i found this site

jankearney123 replied to sarah__smiles's response:
    1. How's the weather today in your part of the world?it was warm today but not as hot as its been

roses usually but right now i see dark
    a blue bery muffin
    4. Where would you like to escape to for just a weekend, somewhere just for you? What would you do there?
    i'd like to go to a ski resort in summer and go to a spa for a week
    5. What good thing is in your life today? Small or big, doesn't matter. There's something my friend heather

lizzyerd85 responded:
    1. How's the weather today in your part of the world?
    HOT! I was told it's suppose to be up to 110 F (43.3 C)
    oh, and muggy and humid (Florida for you)

A bush. beyond that, cars, parking lot, signs...

Uhmmmm..... coffee. I know that's not a meal. I prolly won't actually eat til about 2 or 3 am tomorrow at work.

Hmm... depends. If money's no object I would fly to Ireland.. seeing as it is... I don't know..

5. What good thing is in your life today? Small or big, doesn't matter. There's something.
    One of the girls I really get along with is coming overnights to help out this week. I can't think of anything else.

jankearney123 replied to lizzyerd85's response:
    digress

hobit24 responded:
    1. It is overcast and rainy
    2. Beautiful trees and houses
    3. I have no idea
    4. I want to go to the middle of the woods in a small hut. It would be so quiet with no one around.
    5. I am breathing

Skylar96 responded:
    1. The weather is quite chilly, but, unfortunately, not snowy yet.
    2. I have my curtains pulled, so creepers can't see into my room.
    3. Probably some sodium soaked noodles.
    4. I would escape to the SS Enterprise! I'd be captain and stuff. Like Captain Kirk.
    5. I've been accepted into the pit band for my school's musical, which happens to be one of my personal favorites; Beauty and the Beast.

searching85 responded:
    Weather here i cold, some snow on the ground. My closest window shows a gloomy, and lonely day, I probably won't be eating my appetite has been non-existant. I would like to escape to a tropical island, with warm sun, sand and the wonderful sound of the waves crashinig onto the shore. I would lay in the sun the sun helps the pain from my muscle disease, I would feel the warm sand, run it through my fingers and toes. I'm having a hard time finding good things in my life. I usually try to keep a possitive thought in my mind no matter what, things have been confusing lately. I've had un-controleable crying and overflow of bad thoughts lately the past few weeks. I feel so stuck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I started to cut and tried to commit suicide when I was 17.At age 27 I had a stroke and age 38 had another.I have just started cutting again at 38.I f...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
    http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    24 of 33 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.