Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    mom of 2 with no sex drive
    An_251967 posted:
    I am having an issue and really need some advice. I am a 34 year old mother of 2 ages 9 and 7. I have a full time job also. I have no desire to have sex with my husband of 16 years. It has nothing to do with him just dont have the erge to want to. Can someone tell me what the heck is wrong with me please?
    georgiagail responded:

    dfromspencer responded:
    What Gail said is possible. Have you had your hormones checked, they could possibly be out of balance?

    Have you been under more stress lately? Any number of things could be the cause, I suggest seeing your doctor!!!

    Good luck, mom!!!

    fcl responded:
    It's kind of hard to want sex when you're exhausted, sex being much further down the list of human needs than rest/sleep. There are so many women out there who are working full time AND taking care of the home and children too. If more men did their share around the house they might be getting a whole lot more sex than they are now...

    How much does your husband do at home? Maybe share out the tasks a bit better? Try to ensure that you get some down time, some "me time" at the weekend? Put yourself first for once?

    OTOH, if he is pulling his weight then maybe look into a weekend away to reconnect? Is there anybody who could take your children for a weekend? Sometimes you need to get out of your roles as parents and get back into lover mode ...
    There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

    Helpful Tips

    Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
    Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    6 of 9 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website