Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Issues with having sex daily?
    missraye76 posted:
    My boyfriend and I have sex everyday, sometimes more than once. I was recently diagnosed with a yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis and I was given medication for them and they both cleared up with no problem. I then went to have Mirena (an IUD birth control method) inserted but the doctor was unable to complete the insertion. My boyfriend and I continued to have sex with no problem until a week after, when during intercourse I was experiencing severe cramps like when they tried to insert the Mirena (we have never had any issues with intercourse before) and it looked like I was getting yet another yeast infection and I am also experiencing a somewhat burning or rubbed raw sensation around the area of my clitoris (never when I urinate). I have been recently tested for all STDs and all came back negative.

    Any ideas on what is going on? My doctor is booked and can't see me for a while so I thought I'd ask on here until I can see her. Thanks.
    sluggo45692 responded:
    If you've had a yeast infection before, then you know the signs. You could getting an infection or you could be starting your cycle, or your bf is. like you Dr, hitting your cervix and causing your cramping. You could try OTC meds and if your still having sex, tell him not to go so deep. If you have rub areas, make sure your lubed well. Good Luck
    elle0317 replied to sluggo45692's response:
    If your man wasn't treated for a yeast infection too, he may have transmitted it back to you. If you have a yeast infection and don't use condoms, he should receive treatment as well. Over the counter creams such as canesten will work for him.

    Helpful Tips

    Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
    Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    6 of 9 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website