Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Herpes or yeast infection
    darthrekh posted:
    Just started having sex with my boyfriend after a hiatus of 4 months (because of long distance), so we went a little rough and you know... We used condoms, but it was one occasion when we started without a condom, but finished with a condom... I felt a little pain, but thought it was just little dry sex or something and had just a little blood after sex (thought because I haven't had sex in a long time). The next day I took a shower and felt burning pain down there, googled the symptoms and thought it was friction burn, or it was similar to when i cut myself with a razor (happened before the first pain i felt was similar). Through the day the pain got worse (called in to get an appointment but it is not due till next week), it felt like the whole outside part of my vagina was burning and a little bit itchy but mostly the burning feeling. The next day the peeing started to hurt, and it's even worse now (3. day) I'm afraid to drink anything, when I pee my whole outside of vagina is itching and stinging terribly. I tried to google my symptoms at least to get some counter-top medicine until my appointment to relieve the pain. Taking warm baths helps, but I am not sure if I should buy some cream or antibiotics etc. I have one yellow blister or ulcer on my labia I'm afraid it is herpes or something, although I only had sex with my boyfriend ( I trust him that he didn't had sex with anybody else). I read up the symptoms and it seems like either herpes or yeast infection but i don't have a rush or more blisters, and my whole vagina itches and burns not just the one blister, and the discharge color was the one described at yeast infection symptoms. I really need at least some cream or some relief to the peeing pain until i can get to my appointment next week... so any suggestion would help please
    pinkpants78 responded:
    Diflucan is a good antibiotic drug for yeast infections. You should have it checked by a doctor first. See this link for more info about yeast infection and diflucan

    Helpful Tips

    Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
    Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    6 of 9 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website