Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Taking pills a couple hours later then should be
    stemnena posted:
    Hi there, first I know I'm old enough and should know better, but I'm human.

So I just started taking a new pack of my birth control. I have been on the pill for years now. But with this new pack I didn't take the first one until 3 hours after I should. I was house sitting and forgot my pills at home. The next day I was 30 minutes late didn' t hear my alarm. The day after that I took it at the right time. But then today I didn't take it until 2 hours after I should.

I'm also starting to see this new guy and he hasn't been using a condom. We had sex once last week and had sex again last night and this morning a couple of times. He pulls out before cumming. Yes I know pull out isn't a good thing. I plan on talking to him about condoms from now on.

I'm just wondering since there were a couple of pills I didn't take on time if I could get pregnant. I did take Plan B today already just incase.

nohard responded:
    Hi Golden rule is to take your BC pill around the same time each day, like give or take an hour, but if you read up about BC pills you can miss a day without any trouble, if like you being a long term BC pill taker, so you would have been OK
    Don't forget taking Plan B has now changed your period date, as when you get some bleeding this now is your new period date, but your BC pills may have the last say on that.

Good Luck

NOWHARD
    Your Penis is Affected by Every Aspect of Your Physical, Mental and Emotional Life.

fcl responded:
    OK, from the top. If you're taking a combination pill, you can be up to 12 hours late so take your pill as soon as you remember it. If you're taking the minipill, you can only be up to 3 hours late. This information is per a poster in my gyn's waiting room. The poster is by the health department.

If you're seeing a new guy and you're not using condoms then you are risking STDs. If you want to avoid using condoms then you should both agree to be exclusive and to be tested FIRST.

Using Plan B is going to mess up your cycle so don't be surprised if your period arrives early or late.
    There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
    Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    6 of 9 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website