Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Hand Sanitizer and Sperm
    An_267816 posted:
    Hi! I have a few questions i hope someone can answer. My boyfriend and I were having a "fun time", and he had gotten sperm onto his hand. He then used a towel to clean his hand, and also hand sanitizer after. About 30 minutes to an hour later, he began to finger me with that hand. Is there any possible way i run a risk to become pregnant? Did the sperm get killed from the sanitizer? I am a virgin still, and not on the pill. My last period ended on approximately 7-28

fcl responded:
    Sperm is very fragile and dies when it dries (it needs a warm moist environment to survive) so wiping his hand was probably enough to kill them, the 30 minute wait would have killed them, and the sanitizer would have killed them so I'd say you're at zero risk ... for this time.

When your period ended is of no importance, what is important is knowing when it started because that gives you a fair (but not always accurate) idea of when you ovulate. I suggest you give some serious thought to contraception because it is very, very easy to get carried away when having a "fun time".
    There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

marianowens1469 responded:
    Hey, I need help with finger situation. My boyfriend fingered me and I began to bleed, the next day my belly is sore and I'm bleeding here and there little spots. My menstrual cycle has been over with. I'm sensing he scratched me up in my vagina. will this pain go away? And when about?

georgiagail replied to marianowens1469's response:
    Yes the pain and bleeding should stop. No one on a forum can tell you when this will happen.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
    Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    6 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website