Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Loss Of Stamina
    swct1 posted:
    Hi everyone. I'm a 25 year old sexually active male and recently I've had a really alarming drop in sexual stamina. Lately I wouldn't last a full 2 minutes without stopping and having a condom on is barely any help at all. Compared to my past experiences, there is a sharp contrast. More than one of my partners in the past, including a long-term girlfriend, had actually complained that I lasted too long. Bringing myself to orgasm was usually a 5-10 minute process that I would begin as soon as I thought the girl was... well, done. I was often unable to achieve climax with a condom on due to lack of stimulation, and climaxing from oral sex was usually a bit of a struggle. Less than a year ago, I had a particularly active stretch with multiple consistent partners and had no problems. This was a period that I knew would taper off eventually (it did), but I guess my problem started a few months after. With 3 different partners (one who I was sleeping with regularly, one who I had been sleeping with during the active period, and one who I dated previously for a long time), this problem went from odd incident to standard procedure. There was one partner in between whom I hadn't slept with before and I actually felt in control, but now that seems like an anomaly. I admit that my interest in unattached sex has dropped (I guess I don't actively seek it anymore), but when it's on the table I still desire it like the next guy. I have no STD symptoms, I'm circumsized, I'm physically active (more now than I was last year), and my stress levels are probably even lower than last year due to a positive job change. I tried deep breathing, shifting focus, and changing positions to no avail. My most recent experience was with a consistent partner. It was unbelievably quick, very embarrassing, and probably the most powerless I've ever felt. I would love to think that this is some medical condition that can be cured, but I'm realistic. Anyone with suggestions/experience?

LMIthe2nd responded:
    There is lots of good info here on WebMD if you simply search for "premature ejaculation." There have been many posts before yours on the subject if you browse the boards. There are good books with advice; a couple of popular examples are by Micheal Castleman (search Amazon for that author).

willoconner responded:
    Hello friend, though I'm pretty late to answer your question and I hope you must have got a way out for your problem but still there are many people who are struggling from this particular issue of Premature Ejaculation. I would like to tell them about different types of medications that are available today in order to treat PE and overcome the condition. There are different types of pills, desensitizing creams, herbal therapies and different types of psychological techniques to fight PE.
    To know in detail about different approaches to treat premature ejaculation problem, visit the website provided below:

http://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/male-sexual-health/premature-ejaculation-treatment.html

I hope this might help folks to get a little control over their problem.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
    Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    6 of 9 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website