Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Wanting all the time
    acdemanicor posted:
    Ok so this is my problem. I have been told there is nothing wrong but i want sex all the time. All i have to do is think of my bf and i get all wet. I want him all the time. He says its ok and has never denied me sex, but im afriad that one day he will decide i want too much. What do I do?! I feel as if there is something wrong with me. Even when we do have sex and i orgasim i want more and more. I sometimes want to have sex until i pass out. Its not just that i want to feel good, but i love him, there is a conection with him that i have never felt with anyone else. Any advice? Any thoughts? Im getting horny just thinking abotu it right now...ahhh! Someone help!
    FirstPrevious12NextLast

Cat78fish responded:
    I say why worry about something that hasn't happened yet? As long as your libido doesn't interfere with your everyday life--meaning you can't function at a job--I wouldn't worry about it. :smile: If and when the time comes when your bf denies you sex, you can always do what I do--masturbate like crazy. I've been married for 16 years and my husband is over 50 so he's definitely slowing down. I would never cheat on him but I do masturbate which helps take the edge off until he feels like partnered sex. Donna

acdemanicor responded:
    I have tried masterbating but i cant get myself off without using toys.....i hate it! I feel like something is wrong. I know how to touch myself...but if im masterbating and not having sex with my bf i have to have the vibrating. Im worried that i will lose sensation in my clit if i keep doing it.

acdemanicor responded:
    something else maybe i should add is my bf and i have been together for a couple of months now but before him i hadnt had sex with a guy in 5 years...

crazyfoot40 responded:
    What? You are what every man wants of says he wants. Hang in there as long as it lasts. You are like the title of that old song../"Dream Lover". :wink: Tom

FCL responded:
    Why on EARTH do you think there's something wrong with you? There are few things as normal as being attracted to one's partner. Why are you worrying about what b might happen at some vague point in the future .. especially as your partner seems happy? Feel good, be happy, enjoy sex. Where's the problem? I've been with my partner for over 26 years and still feel the way you do ... and I love it! Enjoy!

sjayc responded:
    LOL, FCL. I just read where you said it didn't matter what is normal. Tom

JennJenn123 responded:
    Well, you could be just a naturally horny woman... a man's dream. You might also have a real issue. For me, I am bipolar and become hypersexual every couple of months. It's just as you described: you want it all the time 24/7. I just try to enjoy it, but it gets frustrating, cuz my husband doesn't want to do it as much as I feel I need it. If your bf keeps you satisfied, that's awesome. you are so lucky. I am not satisfied when I'm hypersexual. But that's just me. :lightsmile:

isabel09 responded:
    I am having a similar "problem". I am 41 and I just recently went from having a very low libido to sex crazed maniac. I think about it constantly. My husband is not complaining AT ALL, but this is all very strange for me. We have a box of toys that I have been using quite a bit when I just can't wait for him to come home. I broke one vibrator from over-use! I guess maybe it's a hormone thing. I have no idea what's going on but I am having a lot of fun and my husband is confused but very happy.

Cat78fish responded:
    You won't lose sensation in your clit just from using a vibrator. I've been using a vibrator for at least a year now when I masturbate (though sometimes I use my fingers too) and I've lost no sensation whatsoever in my clit. If using the vibrator gives you some relief, I'd go for it personally. :smile: Donna

Cat78fish responded:
    Maybe you are going through perimenopause like me, Isabel. I did not find out until my early 40s that my birth control pill was causing my low libido. When I went off the pill and decided to have a tubal ligation, it was the best thing I ever did. The only problem is my husband is in his 50s and doesn't want it as much as I do and I'm driving him crazy because he can't keep up. I use the vibrator all the time too to knock the edge off and it does help. Donna

isabel09 responded:
    I was pissed when I found out my pill was affecting my libido. I've been off of it for a year and I have been so much happier, much more calm and clear headed- probably just me though. My sex drive didn't really change until about a month ago. It's been like night and day. Thank god for vibrators! I just ordered a couple of new ones! My husband usually works from home but he is gone all this week for training, otherwise I would be doing something else right now! One other benefit, my husband said he hasn't felt this rested in a very long time.

Cat78fish responded:
    LOL, that's what my husband says! Even though we don't have sex as often as I'd like (he works a different shift), when we do have sex, he's exhausted afterward--probably because he's over 50 and has delayed ejaculation issues--and goes right to sleep and stays asleep all night. Whereas when we don't have sex, he will wake up many times during the night. I used that as a reason of why we should have more sex LOL. Donna

crazyfoot40 responded:
    My relationship with my wife improved a lot after I got a vasectomy. If you don't want any more kids, I would definetly recommend a vasectomy. Some men are afraid to get one but there is nothing to be afraid of. Tom

isabel09 responded:
    Tom, my husband is about to get one. The sooner the better with my new sex drive!!!!!! Any words of advice?

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
    Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    6 of 9 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website