Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    urethra vibrator
    An_215136 posted:
    I'm a male with a problem getting an orgasm ever since my prostate was removed 3 years ago. I'm thinking about trying a urethra vibrator. The one I'm looking at goes in about 4 inches and has a AAA battery on the handle end. Has anyone used one of these? Does it feel good? Is there any danger in using it?
    afemale responded:
    I have never seen or heard of this type of vibrator. Is it actually inserted into the urethra? Is it available in "adult stores", on-line or do you need a prescription from a doc since it sounds so invasive. I would be hesitent to use this without discussing it with my urologist. Keep me posted, as I am interested. My husband does not have prostrate problems but he has ALOT of trouble climaxing. He is 63 years old.

    Thank you.
    An_215137 replied to afemale's response:
    It is available online along with other sex toys, penis plugs, etc. This one is only 4" long, so it is minimally invasive; other ones are much longer, and I probably wouldn't want to go there. It's stainless steel, about 1/4" diameter. I've used Muse before, which has an applicator you insert about 2" into the urethra, and it was no problem. I'd like to hear from someone who has actually used one of these before I buy one.
    An_215138 replied to An_215137's response:
    Some further thoughts to the previous responder (afemale):

    I assumed this was for your husband, but after rereading your post, I see it might also be for you. This could be mind-blowing for you, since it would vibrate right inside the urethral sponge (g-spot area), instead of having to get at it indirectly through the front wall of your vagina.

    If it is for your husband's benefit, of course it can't be used during intercourse. Is he just desperate (like me) to be able to get off, and not necessarily concerned that it happen during intercourse?

    My prostate surgery left me impotent. The only way I can get an erection sufficient for intercourse is by using a vacuum pump, which makes my penis about as sensitive as a broom handle. Even so, I'm able to climax about once in every 4 or 5 tries. What I need is a way to have orgasms which don't depend on having an erection. Most male masturbation aids simulate intercourse, so that doesn't work for me. This device looks like it could work.

    Since your husband still has his prostate, he might be interested in the longer one, which could reach up and massage his prostate from the inside. (Prostate massage is sometimes called the male g-spot.) I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to try it, but it's a moot point for me anyway, since my prostate is gone.

    I actually might have an advantage over your husband in using this device. When he feels himself getting close, he would have to pull the device out before he shoots. But since I don't cum anymore, I'd be able to ride it out, and vibrate right through the orgasm.

    Post again if you have any other comments or questions.
    dargilmar replied to An_215138's response:
    I have ED and sound for sexual pleasure. I made a post in the ED section here. You will get better results with a longer instrument that passes into the prostate (if you still have one) or the urinary sphincter(s). My "sweet spot" is at about 9" in from the tip of my un-erected penis which is maybe 2-3" long. I get orgasm/ejaculations I havent experienced in 20 years.

    Helpful Tips

    Can a female get something from a man with Epididymitis? More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website