Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Genital Warts?
    An_252309 posted:
    My boyfriend has had a few purpleish bumps on his penis for about 7 or 8 years. They haven't went away and come back, they just appeared and stayed. They haven't really changed any. And don't cause any discomfort except embarrassment. He is uncircumcised and diabetic if that makes a difference. Any ideas?

    He went to his PCP a couple of years ago and all they did was glance at it, say they are warts, prescribed a cream, and sent him on his way.

    I want him to go to another doctor but he is embarassed. Any help is appreciated.
    georgiagail responded:
    He seems to already have gotten a diagnosis. One can have warts pretty much anywhere on the body.

    Who do they embarrass?

    CM400 responded:
    I would go to a dermatologist or STD specialist and insist on having them biopsied. I'm not trying to be hard on the medical community, but the visual diagnosis of warts in less than perfect.

    For instance, I was extremely worried about a lesion on my penis and had it looked at 3 different medical facilites. Two of them were STD clinics who said it wasn't an STD. After finally getting to see a dermatologist he said it was a genital wart caused by HPV. I insisted that he have it biopsied because of the inconsistency. The results came back as.. "Benign, normal skin growth NOT consistant with a wart". This is the best they can do, but is still not 100% accurate (nothing is in medicine).

    Good luck and remember, even if they are warts it's not the end of the world. At the end of the day... It's just a minor skin issue that rarely causes anything more than slight embarrassment

    Helpful Tips

    his physique or his look
    These sources are the one dependable stuffs that melt away the superfluous fat from the physique by way of making use of suppressing the ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.