Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Do I have genital warts?
    oz_zo posted:
    For some time now I've have these bumps, or cluster at the base of my penis and have been told by my doctor it's just an ingrown hair, but I'm wondering if it may be genital warts.

Take the Poll

Do I have genital warts?
    • Yes
    • No
    • Go see a medical professional
    vote
    View Poll Results

misterwillis responded:
    Those little bumps are hair focicles (spelling may be off). A lot of guys have them. They're close to the pubs, right? These are harmless. They are places where hair grows. If those bumps are flat and black, then it could be HPV (genital warts).

But from what you describe, it isn't.

You're okay, dude.

frontbuttwarts responded:
    Trust yourself. Ask the doc to do a biopsy.

I had 2 doctors tell me everything looked fine. I had to have both of them do a biopsy. Mine are warts.

Are yours going away? Ingrown hairs go away. Are they multiplying?

Helpful Tips

Don't waste time on this site.
    Please do not embarrass yourselves with asking these virtual medical advice people anything real important. I didn't even get an answer. More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.