Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Paranoid: possible HIV risk after sex with mutual friend
    misterwillis posted:
    Two nights ago, a mutual friend and I got together and had sex. Of course, we used protection and lube.

What worries me is that when i withdrew during intercourse, a small line of fluid was on her lower abdomen as I ejaculated. I looked down quickly and the condom was filled up with sperm. I got up and checked for leaks. I felt around the tip. All I could feel was wetness. I'm not sure if was lube or sperm. The condom didn't appear broken because my member was still inside.
    It's almost routine that I'm posting the same danger. I'm just ridiculous.

Could I get HIV from this risk? Is it a pregnancy risk?

If you can answer, thanks in advance.

Frightened Willis

georgiagail responded:
    The condom was intact. The wetness was either the lubrication or her fluid from her arousal.

Gail

misterwillis replied to georgiagail's response:
    Thanks for the reply.

I've been going through a scenario trying to remember all cautious details i took after my encounter.

I'm somewhat convinced that it was from lube. But I still want to get tested. Don't know if I need to because I always wear condoms.

Sigh. What to do?

georgiagail replied to misterwillis's response:
    No; there is no need for testing. Even assuming your friend was HIV positive the virus cannot cross an intact latex condom.

If you remain concerned over this non-risk, ask her to get tested. The good news is that you know this person, unlike so many that become intimate with someone, worry excessively about HIV or other STD's but can't ask them to get tested because, despite getting naked with them, "don't know them that well".

Gail

Helpful Tips

positive results
    I had unprotected sex with a woman 3 weeks before I had this tests done. here are my results: HSV 1/2 IGG HERPESELECT HSV 1 IGG ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.