Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Question on SDT Trasmission by hand
    An_267772 posted:
    A few month ago, I received a non-sexual massage while traveling abroad.

The female therapist performed a deep tissue massage and while I was laying on my stomach and the therapist worked on my upper thighs and buttocks she slid her hand up my inner thigh, between my butt checks and grazed my anus area in a quick sweeping like motion. This occurred twice during the massage. There was no other unusual contact.

I did develop a rash around my waistline, butt cheeks and upper thighs about two months later, but have suffered from this type of rash in the past given I work out and sweat a lot. I have visited my dermatologist who didn't believe there was any risk or correlation.

I would like a second opinion, even if just to sooth my angst to know if I am at any risk from this.

I have two questions

1. Can syphilis be transmitted this way?
    2. Am I at any risk of an STD trasmission from this?

Thank you in advance.

georgiagail responded:
    1. No

2. No

Gail

An_267772 replied to georgiagail's response:
    Thank you. I very much appreciate it.

Helpful Tips

Don't waste time on this site.
    Please do not embarrass yourselves with asking these virtual medical advice people anything real important. I didn't even get an answer. More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.