Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Can blood infect me with HIV after I remove the condom?
    misterwillis posted:
    Me and casual friend got together again. I know for sure she sleeps with other guys. What's got my anxiety racing is the fact that she bled during sex.

We were intimate a short time, and I withdrew, removed the condom, and ejaculated on her backside. When I looked at back, I saw the condom had blood on it.

I looked down at my member immediately. There was no blood, from what I remember, on my member. Neither was there blood on her backside, it was blood on the condom.

I filled the condom with water and dried it with cloth. No leaks. But blood was swimming around the water. I'm thinking, "maybe blood got inside after I removed it from me (it was jumbled up prior to inspecting it."

I checked my member again. I looked at the member's tip where the urethra opening is. All I saw was sperm.

What scares me is the thought of accidently coming contact with the condom's exterior after withdrawal.

Is it possible that I may contract HIV from accidental contact with condom's exterior?

Is there any risk of HIV based on the scenario I gave?

georgiagail responded:
    Is it possible that I may contract HIV from accidental contact with condom's exterior?

No

Is there any risk of HIV based on the scenario I gave?

No

If you remain concerned that your friend may be HIV positive from her previous encounters (and you plan on sexual contact with her again), ask her to get tested.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Don't waste time on this site.
    Please do not embarrass yourselves with asking these virtual medical advice people anything real important. I didn't even get an answer. More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.