Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Squamous Papillomatosis
    An_267869 posted:
    Hi there,

The other day I went to the gynecologist because I was worried that I had HPV due to suspicious bumps on the inside of my vagina. The doctor told me that they were not genital warts but that they were squamous papillomatosis and that they were not caused by HPV. As I've done further research I have gotten mixed responses as to weather it is caused by HPV or not. The doctor had told me it isn't but based on my research I am worried that it actually is. If anyone could give me some insight it would really help.
    Thank you

georgiagail responded:
    What you have is a fancy word for warts. And yes, these are typically caused by HPV.

The idea of HPV frightens many because of the concern of developing cancer from these. However, it should be comfort to realize there are many strains of HPV with only a very few linked to carcinomas.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Don't waste time on this site.
    Please do not embarrass yourselves with asking these virtual medical advice people anything real important. I didn't even get an answer. More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.