Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

wartrol
    erica0 posted:
    Has anyone had any success with wartrol? I was diagnosed with genital warts last week and im kind of freaked out about all the other ways to get rid of them. Please help if you can thanks!

alison0516 responded:
    I've never tried it, but I almost did. However, after reading numerous posts about it, I think you're better off saving your money. From what I understand, it's a huge scam and all of the "success stories" on the net are probably written by the company themselves.

As soon as I was diagnosed, I was looking for the quickest "cures" or treatments possible... I'm glad I didn't splurge on a product that apparently doesn't work. The best thing you can do is to boost your immune system and treat warts asap to avoid having them spread as much as possible.

Hang in there.. I know it's devestating, but with time things get much better emotionally.

Google "natural genital warts cures." There's dozens out there. The most common is the apple cider vinegar treatement. There's also homemade treatments such as applying beta-carotene (vitamin A), baking powder/water paste, garlic, lemon juice (or any kind of acidic juice), and i've had some success with applying a dab of bleach on the buggers a few times a day (this does burn after awhile though).

I've also been taking 600mg of Tagamet (the heartburn medication stuff) a day. I've read on the Internet about a few people taking high-doses of this and becomming symptom-free within a few weeks (you're "supposed" to take it for 3 months straight). The main ingredient in Tagamet is also an immune-system booster and has been studied in people with plantar's warts (the results seem mixed, however).

Hang in there, it gets better! I hope this helped!

erica0 responded:
    Thanks, you did help. I should've know it was too good to be true

presstown responded:
    I was looking for information about wartrol too and I came across this. I think I will give it a try. I hope it works as they say.

An_208408 responded:
    I am on week 6 of using wartrol. I am seeing definite improvement altho very slow. But, I knew that from the reviews that it works slowly on the immune system. My warts have definitely shrunk and im starting to feel a whole lot more confidant. I realize this post is 2 years old, but hopefully it will help someone else make a decision whether to use or not...

Helpful Tips

his physique or his look
    These sources are the one dependable stuffs that melt away the superfluous fat from the physique by way of making use of suppressing the ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.