Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    Out of Control 6 and 7 year old boys
    Anon_228128 posted:
    Please someone help. I have two boys 15 months apart. I am divorced and have them 50% of the time. I don't want my time with them me always yelling/disciplining them. My boyfriend says I am their slave that all they are there for is for me to provide them food, they do whatever they want. He says I have the "divorced parent" syndrome. I need to get them under control; it's so embarrassing to take them places with the way they act and talk to me. There are very disrespectful and rude at times. Is it too late to start, I don't want them to dread coming to my house because I am constantly disciplining them. PLEASE someone help
    kristinmarie722 responded:
    I just read the book Have a New Kid by Friday.

    My son just turned 6 and has been acting out of control too. It is a lot of the guilt from raising him as a single parent.

    I got some books and started reading them. A lot of it is stuff I know and knew I should be doing, but reading it again, helped reinforce the ideas and what needs to be done.

    Be consistent. And remember you are the boss. The best things we can do for our children is raise them to respect thier parents and to behave well.

    Good luck!

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    My name is Elizabeth. I have a daughter who will be 2 years old in August. I came to these boards after the loss of my first pregnancy. I found friend...More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.