Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at CommunityManagem[email protected]

    My ex wants his visitation with our 6 yr old at my house..
    jlschultz920 posted:
    My soon to be ex just moved out this past weekend. This coming weekend he has our son and has decided that he wants me to go somewhere else while he stays at the house that we are trying to sell. Anyone have thoughts on this??

    inert responded:
    Why wouldn't you give him the same respect you get??? Honestly whats there to think about?

    Its a shame you couldn't get along and he had to move out.
    mercyMA replied to inert's response:
    Inert , if that wasn't a rude response.
    she asked for advice not judgement.

    Jlschultz920.... maybe being in the home setting will be easier for BOTH him and your son. The comfort setting could help ease the separation. Remember EVERYONE feels it when the parents separate. You could ask him to explain to your son in his own way whats going on. I say go ahead and let him spend time with him in your old home yall had together.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    My son was born in December of 2008, and I was physically and mentallt abused by his father when i was 5 months preganant. He just got out of jail in ...More

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Helpful Resources

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.