Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/skin-beauty/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Tiny grey spots everywhere on my 6 year old......
    sadestenator posted:
    Please help.....

My son has developed hundreds of spots over the last year. they are under the skin and not raised or itchy. his skin is still smooth. He started off with a couple on his tummy around a year ago, but now he has so many he is beginning to look like a cheetah! They are at their worst around his neck, armpits and groin. He doesn't have any on his face, legs or lower arms yet, but I'm sure they'll come.

The doctors cannot tell us what they are and he has had a full blood count etc and blood test to check liver function which all came back ok.

He is mixed race (half white, quarter Iranian, quarter Jamaican), and has no other symptoms except for the odd headache here and there.

He has a healthy diet and gets lots of exercise. We do not know of any allergies but may have to get him tested due to this. We are worried there may be an underlying cause that is far more serious and are desperate. Nothing on the internet matches his pictures. Please help.

sadestenator responded:
    I have images but cannot post them as a URL. Please email me if you would like to see them.

Thanks

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Expert Blog

Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.