Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    Sweat problems
    Lnkc13 posted:
    My 11 year old son plays a lot of sports that make him sweat. The problem is on his skin on the underside of his penis. It gets red and cracks. Do I instruct him to use neosporin or something to combat the moisture like powder?
    editor_morgan responded:
    Hi Lnkc13,

    Has the problem cleared up? What you're describing is pretty common among athletes.

    If the problem persists then I would consider asking his doctor about his treatment options.

    Here are some resources that I found that might have some useful information for you:

    **This article in particular talks about how athletes can prevent rashes in general, not just on the genitals, which might help overall**

    Featuring Experts

    Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon - Robert Kotler, MD ,FACS

    Dr. Robert Kotler gets beneath the surface to discuss selecting a cosmetic surgeon, computer imaging, celebrity makeovers and more...Read More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.