Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    Peeling around eye
    An_245793 posted:
    About a month ago I noticed some peeling in the crease of my left eye. A week later I woke up with my whole eyelid swollen and red. The same day I had a pap smear and my doctor noticed that I was having some irritation from toilet paper. He also noticed my eye and said he thinks I have developed sensitive skin especially because earlier this summer I had an allergic reaction to tampons. So I switched to all clinique makeup. The swelling has gone down but I am still peeling and my eye lid is slightly droopy. It has now spread to under my left eye and I am now starting to notice peeling around my right eye. I am 26 and I have oily skin. My face never gets dry or peels. Until two months ago I had never had any allergic reactions. So I'm really confused as to what is going on. Any ideas.
    fbinflor responded:
    I am 60 yo male my issue started with dry skin above right eye but has now spread to over and under both eyes. Dr said it was the skin disease that causes dandruff and prescribed Selsun Blue. After3 days not getting worse or better around eyes but now have itchy red skin on neck and thighs. Any advice?

    Featuring Experts

    Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

    Helpful Tips

    Treatment for StingsExpert
    Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 7 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.