Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Includes Expert Content
    I'm trying Endocrinologist next
    An_248088 posted:
    Misery loves company? Not really.. But I do understand what you are going through. I had high hopes of finding someone here who had triumphed over this problem. I believe someone must have found the answer..However, they are not on this site talking about it, but somewhere happily making up for lost time
    I have tried all but sugaring and I will be trying that while I wait for appointment with Endocrinologist.
    My problem started with what was termed 'endocrine shock.' After a brutal rape I became pregnant. Two weeks after a positive pregnancy test my pubic hair turned white and I had dark whiskers on my chin and a mustache. I was 24 yrs old. Post Traumatic events continued .. and the hair problem flourished over the years while raising my twins and two older children as a now single mother. Predictably, my marriage did not survive. With Peri Menopause the problem has escalated completely ruining my skin with ingrown hair, bumps and dark spots. Makeup has not been able to cover up this mess for yrs. I am hoping that an Endocrinologist can balance my hormones and halt the growth of facial hair before I resemble the Bearded Lady in the Circus.. Maybe then lasers, electrolysis etc.. can help repair damage to my skin..At this point I no longer identify with the face I see in the mirror.
    Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
    Dear An,

    What a sad story- I have no doubt that you will triumph!

    I suggest you see both a very caring dermatologist and an endocrinologist.

    As derms, we can do so many things to help with discoloration, ingrown hair, etc.

    Please find someone that you can identify with and will bring you back to your beautiful face

    I hope that helps.

    Featuring Experts

    Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

    Helpful Tips

    Treatment for StingsExpert
    Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 7 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.