Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/skin-beauty/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Unbearable itching that goes from stomach to my lower back! Help please someone how to stop it
    An_267616 posted:
    Okay people please help me because I have to clue what to do and can't get into a doctor! Well first of all I've dealt with the pain of itchy dry skin my whole life pretty much due to eczema. Depends on the weather it can break me pretty much causing me to itch even worse when applying lotion. Its like lotion don't help anymore it just makes it so much worse and painful! But for the last couple of months I've been having yhis random bust of itching come out mostly on my lower back bit some days its goes all the way over to my stomach and won't stop and be like for hours! I've tried everything! Lotion makes it worse and sting and burn hot air makes it burn baking soda bath gives me a little relief but if I put lotion on after it start all over! I use aveeno eczema lotion mostly and it uses to help I could apply it without it attacking my body and turning me red and itchy all over I've used it for years! Can anyone tell me what is causing this itching on my lower back and why all of a sudden my lotion don't work anymore. And BTW I am the one person who can use dove body wash and it give the that burn itching paid. You get when you put lotion on really dry skin! Anyone have any ideas of stuff I could use to help me? Please or what causes this? Thank you.

Take the Poll

I hope I did this right its my first time sorry guys and thank you for your help I'm dying trying itching!
    • How to stop itching
    • Best items to use for super dry skin
    vote
    View Poll Results

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
    Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    24 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.