Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/skin-beauty/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Eczema Skin Rash on Arm
    Byres posted:
    Hi their I need some information and help for this skin condition. It started out two years before I graduated high school. I used to take hot showers and when I took them, the water would always be directly on this arm. I noticed this patch appear in 2014. Though when I went on cold showers for two weeks it would disappear.

Though I neglected it by continuing to take hot showers and did not notify my parents or my doctor about it and now of 2016 it is like this with a part of it more hardened. It does not cause major problems except for itching redness and being an eye sore but I want to find more information and a solution for it.

I apply Cetaphil for my eczema but also on the rough patch everyday so it can be moisturized. I also tried Amlactin which is for my psiorasis on my shoulders and back as well and I am not sure if it helps. I tried scrubbing it with a loofa pad on a shower to get it off but I do not think it does anything but aggravate the skin.

Though the patch of skin I noticed has an effect when I get my allergy shot as I noticed parts of it disappearing along with my psiorasis. I started taking allergy shots in 2015 since now my psiorasis has decreased, I am more resistant to allergies and the patch of my skin has decreased somewhat but not fully.

Either way I hope someone can answer this question about what kind of skin condition this is and what kind of solution I have to take care of this. I think its dead skin that needs to be removed but thats just my thoughts. Its just really annoying me now especially when I take pictures and just look at it everyday.

Thank you.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Avoid drinking margaritas in the sun!Expert
    One of the most common things that we see in the office in the summer and after winter vacations are burns from people having lime juice ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    12 of 13 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.