Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/skin-beauty/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Clindamycin & sunscreen
    flutte posted:
    My stepdaughter was prescribed clindamycin topical for her ance. Now that it is summer, it's become obvious that she's not wearing sunblock. When we push to put it in, she breaks down into tears because sunblock "burns".

What are our options for sunblock while using the antibiotic? Banana Boat, Coppertone, etc are apparently not the answer.

bodiebetsie responded:
    Could try using a face moisturizer over the clindamycin topical, like the Cetaphil Moisturizers or Lotion. And the put on
    the sunblock Neutrogena Ultr Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen.
    I do this everyday.

Have Rosacea. Put on Metronidazole Gel, Let it dry.Then put on Cetaphil Moisturizer, let it dry.,Sometimes have to pat it dry
    with a tissue, and then put on sunblock. It's a time consuming
    process, but has helped me since I do have to shave.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
    Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.