Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/skin-beauty/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

I have got a scalp infection twice both started with scratching my scalp.
    An_267820 posted:
    I'd had high anxiety over my weight started skipping meals , my hair started thinning, then weakness and falls caused me to injure my self . The last fall laid me up for about 4 days without hair washing dut to foot and deep knee wound. My scalp itched so bad I scratched it and got the infection, there were huge scabs over my head with fluid under it and more hair loss and blisters.
    It came back after treatment with a knot , it was a itchy they in 3 days in was as big as a golf ball, painful hot, lost hair in that area but then it drained kyellow puss with blood and a liquid. The tissue was so filled with infection it was thick. Then my entire body and scalp itched . On medication again didn't go away it doubled it was raised bumpy 5 by 5 in circles with hard things formed against my bone shaped to it. I am on my third antibiotic treatment. I hope it works. Anyone ever had or heard of this?

atti_editor responded:
    I have heard of scalp infections that can be particularly bothersome (you can read about some of them here ), but yours seems to be getting progressively worse. I am sorry that you are having to deal with this itchiness and pain. Has your doctor given you any sort of diagnosis? And are you scheduled to go back and see your doctor after you have finished your course of antibiotics? I hope they are working! Please let us know how you are doing.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
    Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    24 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.