Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/skin-beauty/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Ingrown hair on shaft...?
    gunesslinger posted:
    I have HPV and do routine self checks for outbreaks, which seem to be stress related. Monday morning I found a single, painless white bump on the top of my shaft.

This pimple was white, raised, and painless. When I went to touch it very lightly with my fingertip to see if it was painful to touch, it literally disappeared before my eyes! No puss came out, it just... appeared to disappear. No trace that anything was amiss.

The spot where it was remained painless,was a pink/red color for a day, and then I couldn't even tell I had any kind of pimple (or whatever) there yesterday.

This morning I took my usual shower. Before getting in I took a quick look, and there's a really small but noticeable white bump in the same place, but not nearly as big. It was white with a black center, slightly sensitive to the touch, which made me think this is an ingrown hair.

Took my shower, dried off, did an inspection, and it's gone again!!! What the hell...?

One thing has changed in my active life, and that's I've joined a health club and have been using community whirlpools/hot tubs, and a steam sauna from time to time. I've noticed a slight increase in folliculits from the chest down. I've since stopped using those whirlpools.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
    Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    24 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.