Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/skin-beauty/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Stay way from Sugary foods
PazPeaceful posted:
Just to say I'm not a Doctor or Medical Professional what i say is based on my own experience and thats all i Hope i can at least help someone out there

i first got Dissecting cellulitis when i was 20 years old and it was quite server, after a long course of antibiotics nothing happened at all, i was put on Roaccutane i guess in america its called Accutane. This stuff worked a treat, bumps went away and the my hair grew back in about 6 months but the side effects were bad, dry lips, dry skin and all that.

I was on Roaccutane for about 8 months until i stopped, things where good for about a year no bumps at all my hair had grown back.
but out of the blue it started coming back just as small bumps that would go down after a 2-3 weeks.

I wanted to know why this was what was triggering theses things and finally started studying my self the environment i was in, the food i ate.
i finally found out that a large part of it was the foods i was eating.

My findings based on my Non medical observations

Drinks
Surgery drinks and alcohol would cause the DC to reappear. When it was at the most server i was at University and i remember i always drank a can of Cola at least 5 time a day (thats bad) on nights out i would also have surgery alcoholic drinks this made it even worse.

Food
Again sugary foods i found were another main culprit from cakes to sweets, again when my DC was at the most server i was living in Uni halls of residents (dorms) away from my parents who would make sure i ate vegetables and did not indulge on surgery foods all the time.

if you have not linked it together by now SUGAR and PROCESSED food was the biggest culprit FOR ME, every time i ate surgery foods the lumps would come if i stop they would go away after 2-3 weeks. i can go months upon months with no bumps if i am careful what i eat its ok to have sugary foods once in a while but i try to eat veggies, meats, drink herbal tea and water.

As i kind of said at the beginning I'm not to a Doctor or such but if you have DC maybe try to watch what you eat, EAT AS CLEAN as you can maybe it might help

I truly feel for you if you have DC and i know how you feel but remember it could be worse so keep your chin up and live life to the fullest and Pray to our Lord, its hard but don't let this illness become who you are

GOD bless

P.S sorry for the spelling and grammaticl errors

Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

editor_morgan responded:
Thank you for taking the time to share that with other community members. Much appreciated.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.