Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/sleep/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

My partner has sexsomnia
    Lookingforhappy posted:
    I'm hoping here that others might be going through this and give me some advice. My partner has sexsomnia which only became apparent once his sleep apnea was diagnosed and treated. He has always talked in his sleep and been restless but once he started sleeping with a CPAP machine he was finally getting enough REM sleep and it started. Sadly this was the same time we moved in together. So for the past 18 months I have lived with being woken up almost every night by my partner's masturbation. It can happen once a night or if he is stressed, several times a night. While it started out being more base instinctive it has developed. He sometimes ejeculates. While rationally I understand he has no control over this, my sleep deprecation magnifies the fact that my partner is getting off next to me every night and it has nothing to do with me. To top it off he's not that interested in having sex with me. We have sexy maybe once a week and only if I've made a point of it. I've been rejected so many times it feels quite damaging. Prior to this we used to have a very healthy sex life. So it's difficult to not feel undesired. We've seen a sleep psychologist who has explained the disorder but my partner won't take medication (he tried once and had a bad gone with it) but he's not meditating. It's causing huge problems. A lack of trust has developed. I feel cheated on. Any suggestions?

Helpful Tips

i beat it 50 and i'm sleeping again
    well here it is . go to the sporting goods store get a mouth protector, follow instructions, for fitting . now while the plastic is still ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 10 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Sleep Disorders Center