Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page for your Smoking Cessation board: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/smoking-cessation/or this page for your Substance Abuse board: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

ANY ONE TRYING TO QUIT
    kazinektar posted:
    I have been trying to quit for about three days and have had some serious struggles. Anyone interested in a discussion for support>

joni2016 responded:
    Hi. Yes I want to quit. I have done it several times in the past and for three years at a time. I am finding it much more difficult now. I hate smoking and it gives me headaches, but I am so addicted! I am on her to try to find a support person so we can go through this together. Would love to discuss this with you.

Farrah1081 responded:
    I have been wanting to quit for some time now, its harder than I thought it would be. It would be nice to have someone to talk to when you feel the PRESSURE!!!

Farrah1081 replied to joni2016's response:
    Hi, would love to have someone to talk to when in need to smoke,

editor_morgan responded:
    Hi Kazinektar,

I'm proud of you for taking a step in the right direction.

Coping with Cravings & Withdrawals [br>[br>Click here for tips to staying smoke free [br>[br>Here is WebMD's guide to quitting smoking [br>[br>Have you considered a support group? A support group can give you hope and confidence to quit, decrease your feelings of isolation and allow you to express yourself to others who understand what you are going through. ***Click here to read more about support groups and how to find one in your area*** [br>

KKRath444 responded:
    Yes def. I have to quit asap.
    I did quit cold turkey when I found out I was prego so what are your biggest struggles right now? I'm sure I went through them while writing before.

KKRath444 replied to KKRath444's response:
    While quitting before I meant. Love auto correct

Helpful Tips

Might glucose help smokers to quit?Expert
    We all know that when you stop smoking your appetite increases, and often people get a particular craving for sweet foods. It seems as ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    21 of 26 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.