Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page for your Smoking Cessation board: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/smoking-cessation/or this page for your Substance Abuse board: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

will e-cigs help quitting
    kay0616 posted:
    I've tried quitting several times over the last couple of years. gum, mints, Rx, e-cigs but the pat couple of years my life has been a little stressful so I kept going back to the cigarettes, I've been on chantix again for 2 weeks & i really want to quit this time. I was very discouraged when I went to refill my RX & it was twice the price as before. I don't really crave the nicotine anymore (at least I think I don't) Saw earlier that someone tried the e-cig with vegetable glycerine or something in it. does that help & what is it. would love to have someone to talk to when i feel like a smoke. any advice is always helpful

BigBob5 responded:
    I use vaping to quit. I highly recommend you to try it. Find a local vape shop to help answer your questions. Since Vaping my health has improved. I've had to reduce my BP meds & my breathing has improved. Do it before August 8th after that the vape shops are banned from answering your questions. I hope this helps you.

editor_morgan responded:
    Hi kay0616,

I would speak with my doctor about the pros and cons of e-cigarettes and do some research before considering using them. There has been evidence that says e-cigarettes don't actually help smokers quit smoking. In fact, this story says they lower chances of quitting by 28 percent. Click here to read more .

Also, there is some evidence that indicates that e-cigarettes can be harmful for your health.

Here is information that I found on WebMD about e-cigs.
    E-Cigs May Contain Chemicals Tied to Lung Disease
    Can E-Cigs Help Smokers Quit ? This is a very helpful video that answers your questions and more. Health Risks of E-Cigarettes

If you are looking to quit smoking and you are looking for others to talk to, then I highly suggest looking for a support group in your area. Here is a link to information about how support groups can help you to quit smoking and how to find one in your area .

And lastly, please let me say that you are ABSOLUTELY doing the right thing by trying to quit smoking. Stay strong. We are here for you!

Helpful Tips

Might glucose help smokers to quit?Expert
    We all know that when you stop smoking your appetite increases, and often people get a particular craving for sweet foods. It seems as ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    21 of 26 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.