Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/stroke/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Mild stroke Oct 24, 2016, recovery and miracle
    An_267718 posted:
    a year before the mild stroke, I had a peripheral vision episode. the surrounding view darkened and I suspected a stroke and walked in to ER and though doctor did not confirm it, as my tests were fine, except for elevated cholesterol. Two weeks prior to 10/24/2015, I felt minute head rushes every other day and noticed when I picked up a call, by voice was throaty. Each time I felt the head rush, I popped in 2-3 Aspirins and I don't know if it helped. Went to my primary care for check, had cardiogram and given slips for MRI, cat scan and carotid scan. I couldn't get an appointment until 2 weeks after. A week after, got up from bed and my whole body was falling on left. I still went shopping, had a meal and afternoon, I thought of walking in to ER and was admitted already and confirmed it was a mild TIA stroke and in ICU 5 days before moving to rehab. My vision, my speech and walking were affected, and rehabbed for a month. It helped to read info in the net to understand what helps. I worked out my eyes right away and got rid of double-vision by working out my eyes, which I learned in the net and your tube. So amazed how rehab worked, even with just an hour 2x a day. I posted in fb my progress to my friends, and my social interaction and support from them was very helpful, I felt loved! I live alone and my family is in another country and my only contact with everyone was fb. My faith helped me too. I also listened to stroke recovery music in you tube as I lay down in hospital bed. I still listen to Powerful Brain recovery music all the time. I went back to work in Dec 12, 2015 already, and was ER 3x since for problems with potassium, dehydration and electrolytes imbalance. Recovering form stroke has been a learning experience for me and I hope to share these. I feel my body was reset inside after it was shocked by the mild stroke. I am very grateful for everything I have and I am still a work in progress, and will keep working on myself. A month ago, I felt as if an ant was crawling on my temple and it was actually inside my head. I read all sorts of stuff about it, some weird and gross. I just observed it and washed my head more often, just in case. The feeling of crawling was mild on other parts, mainly on side and sometimes I felt as if dirt or hair fell on my eyelid eye and I would try to remove it, but I learned it was nerve issue. whatever it was, it disappeared, and just occasional. The main problem I have now is a very sharp nerve pain from my 2nd toe on right foot, to my leg and above knee. I massage it and rest when I can stand it. I have limitations on my ability to walk, my pain starts and I can't go on. All in all, I am very lucky to be mobile, functioning normal at work. I am very careful though, as I was told within 2 years, there could still be a likelihood of a repeat stroke that can be stronger. Thank GOD I am still able and can support my family.

Helpful Tips

Form
    I also have experienced the numbing sensation in the back of the head or neck area. It only happens when I am laying down awkwardly with a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.