Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page for your Smoking Cessation board: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/smoking-cessation/or this page for your Substance Abuse board: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Will I feel normal again after weed
    An_264784 posted:
    Hello all, About 4 months ago i tried weed for the first time, I didn't like it much and only did it about 3 or 4 times (not very much of it) since then I have been feeling very weird my memory seems very poor and I've felt disconnected, I looked it up and the word depersonalization came up, my question is how long will it take for this to go away or is this damage permanent I don't feel normal and don't really know what to do. I am 16 and have only done it 3 or 4 times I also do not weigh very much (about 110) and am pretty short 5'4 if that may help in any way the few times I smoked my memory was foggy and I I felt very abnormal for a couple of days but then it subsided. The 4th and final time I did it I drank a little (a couple shots of vodka not a good choice) and took 2 small hits of a bowl after a couple days I felt foggy as usual when doing this and about 10 days later went on to an amusement park and after that I also started to have as one panic attacks and anxiety and the feeling of disconnection or "depersonalization" and the "fog" kept getting worse now it is about 4 months later and I still feel disconnected and foggy, my question now is is this permanent brain damage from the weed and when if ever will I feel better above is my age and relative weight if that helps at all thanks to all who can help

Anon_158160 responded:
    I suggest you take your concerns to a doctor. It wouldn't be appropriate for one to speculate here without seeing you in person, because there may be other health factors going on.

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Harry L. Haroutunian, MD., is an internationally known speaker on the topics of Addictive Disease and its treatment. He is Board Certified in Family M...More

Helpful Tips

How Family Member Can Deter Addiction In Adolescents
    Families are the people who know teens the best. It is important that teens know that their families will always provide them with ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.