Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page for your Smoking Cessation board: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/smoking-cessation/or this page for your Substance Abuse board: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/mental-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Weed affects and how long will it last !
    weedlord9988 posted:
    Hello im now 23 yrs old and i started smoking pot when i was 17 yr old but i started to do it everyday when im 18 to 19 yrs , im clean for a month and a half i was just wondering will my brain be back to normal i cant seem to focus on stuff and my temper is really bad i get angry so fast even i feel tired but im not sleepy how long will it take to feel like normal human being with brain functioning well and does it affect ur IQ percentage ?
    Thanks

robert2734 responded:
    I've read that it takes quite some time depending how long and how much you smoked. In your case, to be honest, I think it would take at least a year to be fully recovered. I've smoked every day for 6 months and I haven't done it 42 days, but my memory is still pretty foggy. If you've done it for 6 years, I would say give it a year. Maybe it'll be less, I don't know. It really depends. I know it sucks, believe me. Its so frustrating at times, but youll get there. Im going through the same thing man and you just gotta keep pushing yourself. Your brain will recover, it'll just take some time.

editor_morgan responded:
    Hi weedlord9988,

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing undesirable changes.

Here are some links that might be of interest to you:

Long Term Pot May Make Word Recall Tougher
    Pot and the Developing Brain: Mixed Findings

How Does Marijuana Affect You? Includes information about changes to mind and mood and the risks of using marijuana.

Have your symptoms lessened since you last wrote in?

Featuring Experts from Betty Ford Center

Harry L. Haroutunian, MD., is an internationally known speaker on the topics of Addictive Disease and its treatment. He is Board Certified in Family M...More

Helpful Tips

Will smoking weed effect my everyday life and health due to my age?
    I'm 14 and I've been smoking marijuana since I was 12 due to family problems&a family loss and my grades seem to me slowly going down ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.