Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Thyroid or what please help
    agirl2013 posted:
    So for the last 6 months I have had a pain in my throat that is made worse when talking and singing, I am a professional singer and I am not able to sing anymore. I saw a regular dr and ent and both said I was fine. I also have had fatigue, muscle aches and pains, feeling cold a lot but not able to adjust to heat outside, heavy periods, anxiety episodes, constipation, I feel like my body is shutting down. So I went to an endo. He did an ultrasound and blood work, ultra sound was fine he said my blood work showed some inflammation but it was no big deal and sent me on my way. I am so frustrated, this is affecting my life severely. I cannot pursue my music career. I can hardly function health wise and he just send me on my way. If my thyroid is a little inflammed is there not something he could do??
    Am I just suppose to hope this goes away??? Is this a correct diagnosis?? Is there something I can do to heal the inflammation or should I see another dr?? Can I just assume it is just inflammation or should I be concerned that it is the beginning of an auto immune disease?? Your thoughts??? below are my blood results

TSH- 0.894 Reference- 0.340-5.6
    free T4- 0.81 Reference- 0.66-1.65
    TT3- 1.05 Reference- 0.60-1.81
    TPO- 0
    Throglobulin 0
    Thyroglobulin Antibody- 2.0- Reference 0-40.0

surfoahu responded:
    They didn't run FreeT3? Why not?

agirl2013 replied to surfoahu's response:
    I do not know, they said they were doing thyroid blood work and I assumed they would do free t3 but they did not, they didn't seem to care about my condition.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 28 years old. I'm happily married to my husband James. We have been together for 6 years and married for 5 years. We have 2 wonderful chil...More

Helpful Tips

Try seaweed for hypothyroidism or iodine deficiency
    I have to say, I have not been diagnosed, but have had almost all the symptoms of hypo, both my female relatives have it too. So, I took ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.