Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

UN Diagnosed Thyroid cells
    2wheelrider posted:
    Found abnormal cells on Thyroid, don't know for sure it is cancer, treatment take it out and biopsy, take medicine for rest of life. Would these unidentified cells ever really show cancer or get worse if you left everything alone? 2wheelrider

Milberry responded:
    Hi 2 wheel rider
    I just had the same results to my needle biopsy of my left thyroid. It shows "suspicious" which means they don't know. Soooo the protocol is to remove this part of the thyroid. I have heard that you don't need to take thyroid for the rest of your life, that the remaining thyroid compensates. I am going to wait a few months and do some holistic approaches and have another needle biopsy then and see what happens. What did you decide to do. I am 66 and not real thrilled about surgery.

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same cha...More

Helpful Tips

life with graves
    know what it is like to have graves... about 6 months ago i got dianosed with graves 1 yr after having my son... prior to that i had ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.