Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Thyroid Cancer - 2nd biopsy
    An_265526 posted:
    Hey, I'm new here and have a question. A few months ago, my doctor noticed that I have an enlarged thyroid and nodules. I had an ultrasound and fine needle biopsy - thankfully it came back benign. My doctor said we will check again at 6 months to see if anything has changed. Well, it's nearing the 6 month mark and I've been thinking about it a lot. I have an appointment soon and will find out if I need to do an ultrasound and biopsy again. My question is - has anyone here ever had it come back as cancerous after the initial check? I feel like I'm more nervous now than I was last time. Thank you for any help, I just don't know anyone else to turn to.

Milberry responded:
    I just had a fine needle biopsy and the results come back "suspicious". So the treatment is to go in and remove this one part of the left side of my thyroid. I spoke to my friend who was one of the lab Drs. who read my results. He said I can wait a few months and have another one and then decide. I am not really gun ho on having surgery especially since the results are basically inconclusive. Anyone else out there who has had suspicious or cancerous results from a small needle biopsy??

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had thyroid cancer at the age of 18, back in 1996. Had a total thyroidectomy, and have to rely on my thyroid medication to regulate my body ever sin...More

Helpful Tips

life with graves
    know what it is like to have graves... about 6 months ago i got dianosed with graves 1 yr after having my son... prior to that i had ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.