Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Confused ... Uptake scan don't agree with symptoms
    debjon posted:
    I have combination of hyper and hypo ... I have Rhuematoid arthritis, could the RA be causing the symptoms? The uptake scan came back "normal". I was told both sides of thyroid was swollen, I have several nodules and goiters. TSH low . How can this be I'm seeing MD. Not a specialist. Should I be ? I was told unless they specialize in thyroid problems they don't understand and know what they are looking for. I'm sorry a long questionnaire but I'm so confused ... Thank you for any advise
    Sandi327 responded:
    Hello debjon,

    I do not have RA but I also suffer from being hypo and hyper and have swollen thyroid and a rather large cyst on right side of my thyroid and a large nodule on my left in alot of pain in my joints and biopsy just came back that I dont have thyroid cancer but I have Hashimoto's disease and that doesnt always show up on a regular thyroid bloodwork because you have to have the full thyroid bloodwork done and thats what some doctors do not dont always have to have a specialist but you do have to have a doc that is willing to do all the right bloodwork and not just the basic..I wish you luck! I hope you get the right still going through with all this stuff too

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same cha...More

    Helpful Tips

    Try seaweed for hypothyroidism or iodine deficiency
    I have to say, I have not been diagnosed, but have had almost all the symptoms of hypo, both my female relatives have it too. So, I took ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.