Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

New to thyroid disorder
    JillyMak posted:
    Several months ago I was having a terrible time with fatigue. I was literally falling asleep on a daily basis in the middle of the afternoon. In addition, I had terrible heartburn, was always cold, persistent cough and anxiety. My doctor ran a full blood panel and TSH. TSH came back high at 8.3. I was started on levothyroxine but it gave me terrible muscle aches, so my Dr switched to 100mcg of Synthroid. I was feeling a lot better and less tired and cold. Fast forward 2 months and I'm back to being tired due in large part to not being able to sleep b/c my heart is racing (more at night), I'm hot, anxiety peaking again and I have no appetite for really anything but of all things chocolate. Blood work redone and now my TSH is way too low at .23. Dr changed meds to Synthroid 88mcg. 3 weeks in and I'm still feeling funky. Has anyone else experienced this? How long does it take to get it regulated? I feel like I'm losing my mind. Thanks for any insight

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 43 year old happily married man with 2 children. Don't drink, don't smoke, am 5' 9" and weight 154 lbs. My job is an office...More

Helpful Tips

Feedback
    I'm new to this website and I'm not sure if'm posting in the right spot. Anyhow, I wanted to know if anybody else has been feeling crazy ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.