Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

I am Hypothyroid - and am Changing my life
    mrsmira164 posted:
    Hello Everyone-

I have been hypothyroid for many years and didn't know I was until recently.. I knew something was wrong with me because I was tired all the time, I had no energy or motivation for anything. No matter how bad I wanted something, the "mind over matter" just didn't work for me. My skin was dry and I was always irritable. Once I found out I was hypo, I did research and I implemented a detox program (many of the products I still use today to keep me on track in my quest to be healthy, stay healthy and FEEL healthy). I do this for myself so I can be there for my kids. My ultimate desire is to be able to let people know that they don't have to continue feeling this way. I want to help you get better--its possible--the synthetic medications take years to trick the body into thinking it is okay but 99% of the time, they don't even work. A change has to happen and that change is not about taking a pill everyday for the rest of your life. Hypo's need something that actually helps and benefits the body. Let me help you - reply to this post or email me. <3

onestormie responded:
    I think I have hypothyroidism, but I think I am helping it along way better by taking a few tablespoons of seaweed every day. It seems to make a WORLD of difference in my energy levels and it's very fast acting too.

trixie60 responded:
    Hi, I was very recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and need some help. Please tell me if I am wrong, I understand that taking seaweed supplements will not help me if my hypothyroidism isn't iodine based. Have you heard of a simple skin test for checking whether you are iodine deficient? I stopped using salt with iodine years ago. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Carolyn

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had thyroid cancer at the age of 18, back in 1996. Had a total thyroidectomy, and have to rely on my thyroid medication to regulate my body ever sin...More

Helpful Tips

life with graves
    know what it is like to have graves... about 6 months ago i got dianosed with graves 1 yr after having my son... prior to that i had ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.