Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

TSH over 100
    bobby75703 posted:
    I have undergone total thyroidectomy and have a history of thyroid cancer. My new endo put me on 1/2 my normal dosage of thyroid medication. My TSH shot up to over 100.0 No wonder I feel awful.

I don't understand this at all.

Rubberboa responded:
    Uggg...I FIRMLY believe all endo's as part of there education, should have to take PTU and have there thyroid function suppressed till their TSH runs ~100 for a month or so. Just so they know how it feels to try and function in hypohell.

Did they adjust it back?

RB
    (RAI for Graves, on levoxyl 88)

bobby75703 replied to Rubberboa's response:
    Yes, my doctor is adjusting it back. I don't think she meant any harm. Just one of those things that happened. Besides, 100 years from now it won't matter.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 46 and was diagnosed with Grave's disease feb of '10. I was hypo then extreme hyper. In the progression of Grave's I wished someone ...More

Helpful Tips

life with graves
    know what it is like to have graves... about 6 months ago i got dianosed with graves 1 yr after having my son... prior to that i had ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.