Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/pregnancy/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

just had an injection of chorionic gonadotropin
    An_261304 posted:
    Hello, I am 35 years old and my husband and I have been trying to conceive for over 1.5 years now. I am currently living in India and last week decided to start investigating this issue....

Here's a little history.
    - was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian disease 2 yrs ago in Canada.
    -do not have any children.
    -have had miscarriages in past
    -currently married to a very healthy 25 year old male
    -blood type O with - RH factor

This week I had a transvaginal ultrasound and it was determined that there is very minimal PCOD and I have a very healthy egg. the doctor then ran tests on my husband and we found out his sperm quality and count was not optimal. The doctor prescribed a few supplements for my husband and said she wants to inject me with the medicine to induce ovulation because the egg was ideal. She gave me 10000iu and said she feels confident we will conceive this cycle.

I have been reading up on this medicine (chorionic gonadotropin) and wonder if anyone else has received this treatment and if so if they were successful and have become pregnant.

I have also read about the side effects. Has anyone conceived multiples from one injection of this medicine?

Thank you for sharing your advice and experiences with me.
    have a wonderful day.

mialee responded:
    Hi An. I hope you are doing well and this injection helped you. How are you? I would love to hear from you as I am in a bit of a similar situation. I am 34 years old, we are trying to conceive since a bit more than an year and my partner is a healthy 29 young guy with apparently not optimum sperm counts.
    We did not go yet to the hospital but we do have an appointment at the end of April. I would like to talk with somebody. Warm greetings! m.

ananda1234 replied to mialee's response:
    Hi M,

A lot has happened since I posted the first time. A few days after that injection my doctor prescribed progesterone for 2 weeks. I took it but unfortunately we did not conceive that cycle. The doctor then said we need to investigate my husband's sperm quality and also my fallopian tubes. i ended up having laproscopic surgery to remove a blockage in my right fallopian tube, clear a small blockage in the left, and they also removed the ovarian cysts that were present from the pcos. They told us not to try this month but that i should be strong enough and my body ready next month. I have an appointment to go back in next week. In the end the doctor was very confident that this blockage was the reason we were not able to conceive and that we will be successful in the near future. I hope so...we would absolutely love a family. that's my update. please feel free to send me a note if you have any questions after your appointment. Thank you for writing...it is nice to connect with someone who is experiencing a similar situation. I wish you and your husband all the very best. S

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 and DH is 32, we have been ttc since we got married in October of 2009. My older sister had been diagnosed with PCOS and had her little girl i...More

Helpful Tips

Three Chinese food therapies for hydrosalpinx patients
    Chinese food therapy (also known as dietary therapy and nutrition therapy) is not only effective in health maintenance, but also ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.