Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    constant urge to urinate which isn't relieved by actually urinating.
    thatguywhodoesthings posted:
    After I urinate, I still feel the urge to go. There is a constant 24/7 feeling of fullness down there. I have been to the urologist and they gave me an ultrasound of my abdomen and found nothing and also found that i was emptying my bladder fully. No signs of infection either.
    I have learnt to just about ignore it during the day time but during the night it is near impossible to get to sleep.
    It is very frustrating as I have had it for nearly 3 years now and it bothers me every day.
    One doctor thought it was a mental thing but I know for sure that it isn't as I feel it very physically. I feel it wether i worry or not.
    If anyone has experienced this or knows anything about what it could be, I would be very grateful to hear from you. Thanks.
    paleryder444 responded:
    First-have you seen a UROLOGIST not just a general doctor. Next, you need to have a URINE CULTURE run (gibve a urine sample) NOT just a urinalysis. You probably have a UTI...but you cant take the anti biotics for that...such as CIPRO until they are sure you have a UTI. CIpro ha side effects. If you have NO UTI and a clean prob have a weak bladder....which is not the same as not emptying...there are MEDICATIONS for weak bladder...but FIRST rule out UTI. I suggest seeing a urologist ASAP as an untreated UTI can cause PROBLEMS. Good luck. You can alos go to your local emergency room and tell them YOU NEED A URINE CULTURE but they will most likely tell you to make an appt with a UROLOGIST.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    65 years young and just trying to do the right thing. At my age I just can't afford any mistakes.

    Helpful Tips

    Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
    Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    43 of 64 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.