Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/mens-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Penis tip discomfort
    An_267833 posted:
    About 7 weeks ago I might have caused a trauma to my penis through masturbation. I went to my doctor who did a dipstick test. Was negative for infection. The discomfort is on/off. I had my urine sent to the lab. All tests and cultures negative. I then went to the urologist who examined me and said there was nothing wrong. The discomfort went for a number of days and the returned. It is definitely worse after sex. By the way, I am married and both of us are faithful. I then went to a third doctor who asked about my PSA, which I said was normal, and had been 1.8 for some time. She then did a prostate exam, and told me it felt normal. She looked at my penis and said it was healthy...and that I might have originally injured it but now it's probably a mental thing. The discomfort is only at the tip...there is no other pain anywhere, and no visible signs of anything. It's so annoying. It doesn't wake me up at night, but it does sometimes prevent me from falling asleep. Is there a possibility that it is only mental? How long can these things last if it is?

paleryder444 responded:
    I do NOT have an answer but I can assure you it is "not mental"> When a doctor says that..they have NO IDEA what is wrong and instead of doing further testing they use the old Mental" excuse. DO NOT believe it. I suggest getting every possible blood test for Herpes/ STDs ..start there...if all negative..then get a culture or scrape for cancer..but without BLOOD or DISCHARGE prob NOT cancer. I have a similar problem..NUMBNESS and they can not find a cause. It sucks.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

check out a compound pharmacy for your testosterone replacement.
    Whether you're needing a 5mg or 0.5mg daily dose, you will probably save a lot of money by using a local coumpounding pharmacy. Compare ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 7 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.