Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    My son is only eleven years old, and has not reached ...
    An_241355 posted:
    puberty but yet he has a very foul odor coming from his genital area. He takes daily baths and uses deodorant and of course always wear clean underwear and clothes. At the end of the day he smells really foul, and I am very concerned. He claims he has no pain on his groin and his urine appears normal. I know about "normal" sweat in a person, but my son who always practices sanitary habits has developed this foul odor as of two years ago. Any parent that has experience same situation and or doctor that can enlightened me in regards to this situation please advise....thank you!!!
    counterso responded:
    It sounds like he might have a persistent yeast infection. Treat it the same way you would yourself. It's certainly easy to find out whether this solves the issue or not.

    Now if the smell is more goat-ish than what a yeast infection smells like, it could simply be his diet. If you can eliminate all caffeine, refined sugar, and red meat for a week, you would notice a significant difference in the way he smells.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I had prostate removed 5 yrs. I have had incontinence every since. I had colligen placed near my bladder two times.No luck. I had mesh sling surgicall...More

    Helpful Tips

    check out a compound pharmacy for your testosterone replacement.
    Whether you're needing a 5mg or 0.5mg daily dose, you will probably save a lot of money by using a local coumpounding pharmacy. Compare ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 7 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.