Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    vibration-like feeling in penis shaft. why?
    guestvisitor1 posted:
    am 36, and enjoy porn frequently as i have been doing since i was 12. all of a sudden for the past week (i do not have sex with others so STD is not a question here), my penis shaft has been experiencing a sensation akin to one where you put a vibrator against your muscle or skin and your skin or muscle gives off a sensation.

    i have no pain when i go to the bathroom or ejaculate and i have no discharge. i don't think this can be urethritis. i am also not taking any vitamins of any kind, nor any medication. nothing has changed in my diet.

    does anyone know why this is happening? i do not have medical insurance so i cannot go to the doctor. i am hoping to see if i can do something on my own (not really like i have a choice).
    counterso responded:
    The buzzing sensation is an overstimulated set of nerves. This could be triggered by any number of things from riding a bicycle, sitting too much, or masturbating too hard. You should make an appointment with a neurologist to determine the source of the nerve over-action, and in the meantime, do not masturbate.

    It does not matter whether you have insurance or not. These things need to be addressed right away before they become serious or permanent. Often with nerve issues the earlier they receive attention, the more likely recovery will occur. Delay can result in unrecoverable situations.
    guestvisitor1 replied to counterso's response:
    thank you for the quick response
    seanhh responded:
    The best thing for minor penis skin issues is a product called Man1 Man Oil. It is a multi-vitamin creme made just for guys, and it will both treat and prevent itchiness, chafing, dryness, soreness, discoloration and more. Check it out. Hope this helps.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I had prostate removed 5 yrs. I have had incontinence every since. I had colligen placed near my bladder two times.No luck. I had mesh sling surgicall...More

    Helpful Tips

    semen color
    last few days i noticed that the color of my semen turned yellowish from white. is it a serious problem More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.