Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Sharp pain under penis ONLY when erect? Please Read
    prestige posted:

    So I am going to give you as much information as possible. I am 20 years old and run track in college, and am very health conscious. Recently this week, there has been a sharp pain on the under side of my penis, about a finger distance below the head. The sharp pain only occurs when I either throb or bend my penis upward when erect. Other than that, there is no pain when flaccid. As far as peeing goes, there is no pain or burning sensation, normal colors and no fowl smells. Everything looks normal, and I always keep everything clean down there. I used to masturbate once a day, as well as have sex weekly (2-3 times a week, sometimes rough). Now I have stopped both, and have started taking ibuprofen and hydrating as much as I possibly can. Can anyone please give me some insight on what it could possibly be, and what to do. Thank you all very much
    counterso responded:
    Sorry, there is not sufficient information to analyze. No pain in the penis is normal. You should make an appointment with a urologist. The regular GP will not know what is going on.

    It sounds like there might be an adhesion or some connective skin that is being stretched too much when your penis enlarges, but there's no way to tell without an examination at the urologist.
    leonardodavinci responded:
    Hi, I have the EXACT same symptons. I am really keen to find out whats causing it. Can you respond please. I am seeing a urologist at the moment but it doesnt seem to be helping and nobody seems to know much. Sleeping is the worst due to night time erection.
    counterso replied to leonardodavinci's response:

    You need to get a different urologist if yours is not taking you seriously. As I said before, there is a complete lack of detail so I am unable to make any reasonable guess as to the cause.

    Keep in mind the options range as widely as a tiny tear in your urethra from injury, to a simple parasite from eating fried clams, to an allergic reaction. I can't narrow down the choices without a lot more information, and your urologist should be doing this job for you.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    i am a 25 year old male and i have alot of medical problems.To start with i have rhumatoid arthritis, bulging discs and degenerative disc disease in m...More

    Helpful Tips

    check out a compound pharmacy for your testosterone replacement.
    Whether you're needing a 5mg or 0.5mg daily dose, you will probably save a lot of money by using a local coumpounding pharmacy. Compare ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 7 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.